The Graduate Institute employs around 60 Teaching Assistants every year spread over 5 disciplinary departments and 2 interdisciplinary programmes.
- An attractive position combining autonomy and responsibility in an international working environment
- An opportunity to professional fulfilment in a dynamic setting
|GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION / MAIN TASKS
|PROFILE / EDUCATION
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Intermediate level in both oral and written French will be an asset
- Keen interest for developing pedagogical skills
- Ability to advise students, particularly in terms of academic writing
- Excellent organizational skills and proactive outlook
- Good time management skills
- Analytical mind and ability to synthesise information
- Multitasking approach and flexibility
- Team spirit
- PhD student at the Graduate Institute, Geneva (years 1-5)
Period of contract
- Annual contract: 01.09 – 31.08
- Semester contract (ANSO): Fall 01.09 – 28.02/ Spring 01.02 – 31.07
Remuneration is combined between an excellence scholarship and a salary.
The TA position is a full-time appointment (100%), 37.5% for the TA activity and 62.5% for the thesis.
Full time contracts at the Institute are based on 40 hours per week for 12 months with 4 weeks holidays. TAs are not allowed to accept another work contract during their employment as a Teaching Assistant.
There are approximately 60 Teaching Assistant positions open every year.
Anthropology and Sociology: 4 renewals and 3 job openings
International Economics: 6 renewals or job openings
International History: 4 renewals and 2 job openings
International Law: 5 renewals and 1 job opening*
(*fluency in French is highly preferred with very strong background and knowledge in international law from a generalist perspective as a requirement, and a background in peaceful settlement of dispute, and/or law of the sea, and/or environment, and/or criminal law as an asset but not required)
International Relations/Political Science: 4 renewals and 2 job openings
Interdisciplinary programmes: 24 renewals and 6 job openings
How to apply
- New applications should be submitted before 15 May 2020 (midnight; Geneva time)
- Contract renewals applications should be submitted before 29 April 2020 (midnight; Geneva time)
- Replies to applications will be send by the end of May.
- For newly admitted PhD candidates
- For current PhD students applying for a TA contract renewal or that apply as a new applicant
Please provide the following documents when submitting an application:
When applying for the first time:
1. Letter of motivation
2. Current Curriculum Vitae
3. One recommendation letter by a faculty member
4. Academic Transcripts with Grades
When renewing a contract:
1. Motivation letter
2. Current Curriculum Vitae
3. Performance Appraisal(s)